Thursday, March 10, 2016

Fly by Molly McLain

post signature
Book Description

Meet Colton Wade, FMX rider...

I’m just a small town guy who caught a lucky break. Now I’m living the dream, on the brink of high-flying super-stardom. But something’s missing.

That something is Taylor.

She’s my best friend. The one who makes me want to push harder and higher. The one I fall back on when shit gets tough. The one I’d give it all up for.

I’d do anything to protect her. To make her dreams come true too.

But a single night changes everything.

And now the one she needs protection from...is me.

NOTE: This is the first book in a duo. Colton and Taylor's story concludes in FIGHT, out later in 2016.

AVAILABLE: March 14, 2016

Colton Wade is at the cusp of becoming a superstar in the world of motocross.  He has everything he wants: fame, money, and (of course) woman.  But their is something missing in his life.  He misses his best friend Taylor.  But while he's been living the high life, Taylor has been back home in their small town.  Taylor is the one that always fueled him to be better.  And he wants to be better for her.  But he has had to sacrifice his feelings for her in order to get ahead in his career that DEMANDS every part of him.

They would rather push their feelings aside in order to preserve their friendship.  But their feelings can only be pushed aside for so long, and what will Colton do when he is forced to make a choice between his career and the one person that means more to him than anything?!
A word of warning, Fly does end on a cliff hanger.  And while we shouldn't have to wait to long for Fight (Part 2), if a major chiff hanger isn't your thing, you may just want to wait until Part 2 is released.  I am interested in seeing how Molly handles this couples drama in the second book (and I am expecting A LOT of drama/angst). 

#TeamTaylor is the only hint I will give to the ending of part 1 of Colton and Taylor's story.  I'm hoping Colton can redeem himself to Taylor (and ME!) because he was (most) of my issues with this story.  I understand that people have to make sacrifices for their careers, but what he asked Taylor to do is bonkers.  No one should ask someone they love that type of question!! NEVER!

Rating: 3.5 out of 5

**I received an ARC through Netgalley in exchange for a honest review.**

OTHER PLACES TO FIND ME:
Blog: http://alysenovak.blogspot.com
Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/AlyseNovakBlog
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alyseypoo21
Bloglovin': https://www.bloglovin.com/alyseypoo21
Google+: https://plus.google.com/+AlyseNovak
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/alyseypoo21

No comments:

Post a Comment