Friday, July 29, 2016

Pantry Dropper by Jade Sinner



Book Description

A one-night stand. That’s all Ashlyn Shepherd is to me.

I’ve spent the last five years trying to convince myself that statement is true.
But saying it doesn’t make it so.

She’s the one who slipped away in the middle of the night. The one who—after only one night together—took my heart when she left. Literally, she’s the one who got away.

I hate the way she consumes my every thought, even after all this time.
I hate the way I dream of her every night.
I hate the way I look for her in every crowd.
But mostly I hate how I can’t forget her. Not even a little bit.

We were separated by cruel circumstances and now fate has returned her to me. But everything has changed. She isn’t that carefree girl I met five years ago.

I see so much pain behind her eyes. So much uncertainty. But one thing remains unchanged.

I still want her.

She. Will. Be. Mine.

AVAILABLE: July 28, 2016

Okay... This "review" is going to be more of a rant then a review.  I DID NOT like anything about this novella.  I did not find this book to be "sexy" and it didn't make me "blush" in any way.  What I DID DO was roll my eyes continuously and several (unlady-like) snorts.  I found Panty Dropper to be ridiculous and a waste of the 40-ish minutes it took me to read this. This is the second Jade Sinner novella I've read and I haven't liked either one, so I hate to say it, but I won't be reading anymore by these authors. 

My MAJOR problem with this story was lack of "safe sex".  I find it completely irresponsible to not even think about condoms, birth control, STD's, and unplanned pregnancy.  Listen, do what you want, when you want, and however much you want.  That's not my issue.  Just be safe and protect yourself.  The heroine was a NURSE and she give a second thought about it.  WHAT?????

And the insta-love... ughhhhhhhhhhhhh.  I don't always mind "insta-love" stories.  But again, I found this whole book ridiculous.  This didn't even come across as "love".  Insta-lust, maybe.  The Hero and heroine had a drunkin' one-night stand 5 years ago, hadn't seen each other since, but were in love with each other the whole time?!?  No.  Just...

No.

**eye roll**

I had another issue with this book.  I have had shoulder surgery.  There is NO FREAKING WAY I was thinking about and/or wanting sex within hours (or days/weeks) of waking up from anesthesia.  Shoulder surgery is no fun and painful.  And the recovery is not easy.  I mean, I couldn't even wash my hair, change my clothes, or get out of my chair without help.  
I found this whole book to be completely ridiculous.  
Don't waste your time.
 
Rating: 1 out of 5

**I received an ARC through InkSlinger PR in exchange for a honest review.**


OTHER PLACES TO FIND ME: 
Blog: http://alysenovak.blogspot.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AlyseNovakBlog
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alyseypoo21
Bloglovin': https://www.bloglovin.com/alyseypoo21
Google+: https://plus.google.com/+AlyseNovak
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/alyseypoo21

No comments:

Post a Comment