Thursday, January 31, 2013

January 2013 Beauty Favorites

Beauty Favorite's of January 2013



I can't believe the first month of 2013 has already come and gone... 
For me this month in the world of makeup has been leaning towards more natural, neutral colors.  So here the the products I reached for the most in January:




 I have combo/oily skin, so for me a makeup primer is a MUST.  (Something I ran out of but would be in here if I hadn't thrown the bottle away is Urban Decay's make-up setting spray).  This primer I had actually won in a Birchbox giveaway a few months ago and ran out of it this month. (So, I am on the hunt for a new primer).  This MANNA beauty simplified Camera Ready primer was used on a daily basis and did what it was supposed to do (keep my makeup from melting off my face). The reason why I will not be buying this is because it is $42 for a 20ml bottle.  Kinda expensive for me when I can probably find one just as good for a fraction of this price.


I love, love, love Revlon Colorstay for Combo/Oily skin.  I would say it is medium coverage, and is easily build-able if you need more coverage in areas.  My color is 240 Medium Beige.  This foundation feels great on my skin and doesn't make me break out.  When I ever run out of this, this is a definite repurchase for me.


Eye primer is another must have for me (damn, oily eyelids...).  Now I have tried several eye primers and my favorite this month is definitely Urban Decay Primer Potion.  Keeps my eyeshadows from creasing, clumping, and fading throughout the day.  Is light on the eyes and doesn't cause any eye irritation when I wear my contacts


My go-to eyeshadows this month were definitely from theBalm's NUDE'tude palette.  There are four matte shades: Sultry (matte medium cool brown), Sexy (matte dark redish-purple), Sleek (dark matte brown), and Serious (matte black).  The rest are a mix between frosted and shimmery shades.  With this range of shades you are able to create simple day time looks and dramatic, sexy night out looks.  These shadows aren't chalky and are easily blendable.  Love this palette.




Now mascara is the one makeup product I could NEVER live without.  Even when I don't wear a lick of makeup I ALWAYS put mascara on.  It opens up the eyes and makes you look more alert and like you put some effort into your appearance.  I have a ton and use them all.  But this month I reached towards this Victoria's Secret Triple Drama Mascara.  It lengthens and gives my lashes volume without being clumpy.  Also, it doesn't end up giving me raccoon eyes by the end of the day.  This is definitely a "wetter" formula, which is my personal preference.  Again, I LOVE mascara and I am picky about them.  


My second Victoria's Secret product this month is their oil-free concealer, which I can longer find in stores or on their website. =[  And I am almost out... This concealer works great on my skin.  It doesn't cause breakouts and covers the spots that I do have.  It is creamy and easy to blend into my skin/foundation.  


Now, being that it is winter and even though I live in FL, I still don't really hit up the beach all that much and I don't go to tanning beds anymore.  I prefer matte bronzers because they can look more natural than shimmery bronzers for contouring and all-over natural color.  NYX is a brand that can be found at ULTA and is around $8.99 and this has lasted me forever. They have a few different shades.  The shade I have is 'Deep Tan" but you can use it lightly.  Great matte bronzer.


My favorite blush this month is Tarte Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in "flush". I got this blush for my birthday in the end of November and I have used it quite frequently ever since (it still looks like I haven't even touched it).  This blush is the most pigmented blush I've ever owned.  You BARELY have to tap your brush in it to get amazing color payoff on your cheeks.  Flush is a berry toned blush and I love it! 

 
My most reached for lip product this month was Revlon Lipbutter in Berry Smoothie.  I love Revlon Lipbutters.  They are silky and moisturizing on the lips.  It is a shimmery "berry" color on the lips.  Now, these don't last all day because of the soft, creamy texture tends to wear off.  But for me, that is fine because I find long wearing lipsticks are drying and peel off leaving the lipstick patchy on the lips (not a good look for me).   The trend this month for me has been berry toned products.




Now, away from makeup products and on to the "others" favorites this month. First is this St. Ives Apricot Scrub.  This is the best exfoliate I've used in a long time.  It exfoliates your skin without hurting.  The "beads" are a good size to get the dead skin cells off.  I only use this product 2-3 times a week and I can definitely see a difference in blackheads and blemishes on my face.



The next two products are haircare products.  One is a masque and the next is a styling cream.  Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque is AMAZING.  I got it for Christmas from my mom.  You use it once a week and leave it in your hair for 5 - 7 minutes.  I usually put it in after shampoo and then go about the other shower activities (shaving, washing, etc.) then rinse it out.  My natural hair texture is curly, fizzy, dry.  I have color treated, LONG (mid-back) hair and this stuff is amazing.  My hair comes out feeling silky and smooth and also cuts down on the frizz that my hair naturally has/does. 



 My last January favorite is the Paul Mitchell Crunch-Free Curl Definer.  OMG! This has become a holy grail hair product for me.  I've used it almost daily.  Most gels and mousse's leave my hair crunchy and can have a "wet" look to the hair.  But this Paul Mitchell product does none of the things other gels and mousse's have done.  This stuff is AMAZING!! I even use it with curls that I use heated tools to get and on second day curls to liven them back up.


Well, those were my most reached for products of January 2013.  Hope your first month of 2013 was a good one.

Follow and comment with your favorite products so far in this new year! =]

No comments:

Post a Comment