Monday, January 14, 2013

January's Birchbox is HERE!

So January's Birchbox has arrived.  If you don't know what Birchbox is, it is a $10 monthly subscription service that send you 4-5 beauty samples that allow you to test different products and brands without having to spend a lot of money.   Birchbox also allows you to review each product on their website here.  For each review you do, you earn 10 Birchbox "points".  For every 100 points you earn, you ALSO earn $10 to spend on Birchbox's website.  (I have accumulated $30 to spend on Birchbox's website, exciting stuff).  Each month Birchbox has a different "theme" in which they revolve their box around.  The first box of the 2013 year is "Best Year Ever".

Let's get into this month's box. Now, not everyone gets the same beauty items each month.  There is a little survey you fill out when you join the site (i.e. what skin type do you have, hair color, age, and so on).

In addition to the 4-5 beauty related items you get in each box, Birchbox also sends you a card describing each item in the box (which has come in handy) and the price of the full sized item.

The BOX!

Items arranged in this months Birchbox

Clark's Botanicals Smoothing Marine Cream 
 The first sample I grabbed out of the box was Clark's Botanicals Smoothing Marine Cream.  This is a good sized sample that will allow me to use it a few times.  Nothing is worse than a sample that gives you one use if you are lucky.  How are you supposed to know if the product is good, bad, or ugly when you only use it once?!

Anyways, Birchbox describes this product as:
"Dull skin no more,  thanks to the glycolic acid in this exfoliating moisturizer.  The gentle tingle means it's working.  Full sized $115"

To be completely honest, I wouldn't spend $115 on ANY beauty product unless I was a millionaire (which I am no where near, but that is besides the point).  So this product will just be another sample that gets used and never purchased by me.

100% Pure Nourishing Body Cream
 Next, I grabbed these two little packets.  Each packet looks to be single use, so again I am glad Birchbox sent more than one in this months box.

Here is the Birchbox description: 
"This skin-friendly moisturizer is made exclusively from 100 percent vegan, organic ingredients.  Not that you needed an excuse to slather it on.  Full sized $15"

amika's  Color pHerfection Shampoo
 This was the last "loose" item floating around this month's Birchbox.  Now, I have A LOT of hair.  It is long (mid-back) and thick with curl (and color-treated).  This sample size is 20mL, which usually I would think is a good sized sample, but since I have so much hair, this will probably only one use (Not Birchbox's fault, I'm just saying).

Here is the Birchbox description:
"This gentle shampoo contains fortifying omega acids and healing sea buckthorn berry oil to keep your hair color bright and shiny. Full size, $22"

Harvey Prince Skinny Chic
 Inside the white box thingy within the Birchbox held two different products.  This one and the product listed below.  Harvey Prince's Skinny Chic is a perfume.  This sample fragrances comes in a mini spray bottle.  I prefer this type of fragrance sample than the kind that have that stick type that you have to dip and then rub on your wrist, neck, etc.

Here is the Birchbox description:
"Keep your energy levels high (and fight cravings to boot) with this zesty blend of apple, mint, and lotus blossom. Full sized, $21 - 55"

I did just spray my arm wondering what the description meant by "fight cravings to boot" and the smell is very light.  To me, the apple is the smell that I smell the most.  Also, to me there is NO real alcohol smell that can sometimes be strong in a perfume.  I will probably wear this a couple of times and for longer than five minutes to get a good read on how well I like this fragrance.

theBalm cosmetics Put a Lid on it Eyelid Primer
 This is the second product that was inside the little white box thingy.  I am pretty excited to try out this eyelid primer.  I have oily eyelids and use Urban Decay's Primer Potion on a daily basis and I LOVE IT!  So trying something that is a little cheaper is exciting.  

Here is the Birchbox description:
"Keep that pretty eye shadow crease-free with this stay-put primer, which also prevents smudges and smears. Full size, $18.


Folded

Front

Back
The last thing in the bottom of this month's Birchbox was towards the theme of this month "Best Year Ever".  This fold out gives you 25 "tips" towards making 2013 your Best Year.

If you are interested in going Birchbox here is a link to go to:
Click Here to Join Birchbox


<3

1 comment:

  1. Share your thoughts on this month's Birchbox and what items did you get that were different from mine! =]

    ReplyDelete