Monday, January 7, 2013

Nailed it...

Well, today started like any other Monday... I woke up with my throat on fire and feeling like crap! YAY... not really.  And being that I wasn't feeling up to pair I decided to rest and relax today hoping that tomorrow I feel better.  In my relaxation mode, I was browsing my fav website Pinterest.  I came across a picture of a nail polish design, and figured I could give it a go.  Let's just say it didn't quite work out like I thought it would. 

  here is the inspiration I found on Pinterest.



These are all the supplies that I used to try to re-create the look
Colors in order of layers:
OPI's What's with the Cattitude?
Revlon Colorstay in Bold Sangria
OPI's Skip the Gift Wrap
OPI's Ogre-the-Top Blue
 I started with OPI's What's with the Cattitude as the base.  I ended up doing two coats to make sure that it was a solid color to build on.  Afterward, I took the colors (in order of "darkness") to add.  I poured a couple of drops onto the aluminum foil so that the polish wouldn't dry to quickly.

Here how it looked with just the Bold Sangria swiped across:

Base: What's with the Cattitude?
Swiped with Bold Sangria

 I gave a little time in between each color to allow the previous color time to dry.  Then preceded to do the same thing with the two following colors.


This is the end result.  Yes, I know it is messy looking, but for me it is easiest to get the nail polish off the skin once it is dry.  Peels right off.
This is the top coat I used.  THIS IS THE BEST TOP COAT I HAVE EVER USED!!! In love with it. Wouldn't buy any other kind.
  The end result was nothing like the picture I found on Pinterest.  Maybe I did it wrong, but I was kinda disappointed with how it turned out.  Oh, well maybe next time or with less colors.

<3  Good Luck! I would love to see pictures if you try this!   



No comments:

Post a Comment