Monday, January 21, 2013

January's Birchbox reviewed

I have had this month's Birchbox for about a week or so now, so I have had time to use all the products and really get a feel for how I like them or not.  If you didn't read my blog post about the items I received in my January Birchbox, you can read it HERE. =]



Here are the reviews for all of the products:

Clark's Botanicals Smoothing Marine Cream
This moisturizer would definitely be a night cream for me.  I have combo to oily skin so I don't need a thick, creamy moisturizer for the day (I use a "gel" moisturizer for my day-to-day).  The description of this cream says that "the gentle tingle means it's working".  I'm not one for tingling stuff on my face (maybe it's just me), but there is nothing that is bad about this product, it just isn't for me (plus the full size is $115)

100% Pure Nourishing Body Cream
This is definitely a body cream.  It is thick, thick, thick.  It does smell like a vanilla bean.  For me, this took awhile to soak into the skin, so I wouldn't recommend getting dressed right after putting this on.  I tried this a couple of nights and it got all over the sheets.  Kinda a bummer.  If you like thick body creams, then this is for you! 

amika's  Color pHerfection Shampoo
My initial thought for this sample was right, I only had enough for one use.  My hair is so long and I have so much of it that I BARELY had enough to use once.  While I was disappointed with the size of the sample, I still wanted to give this shampoo a chance since it is targeted towards colored treated hair (which mine is).  After using this shampoo and rinsing it out, my hair felt like straw! Other reviews I had read were saying how soft their hair felt after using this shampoo, but that wasn't the case for me.  I ended up having to use one of my hair masks to get my hair to feel normal again.  So, this sample was a definite fail for me.

Harvey Prince Skinny Chic

Initially I thought the smell of Harvey Price's Skinny Chic was nice, light and slightly fruity.  However, after about 30 minutes, there was no smell left.  It was so light it disappeared.  I also don't understand how a perfume can raise your energy levels OR cut into food cravings.  Maybe someone can explain it to me...

theBalm cosmetics Put a Lid on it Eyelid Primer
This sample was the stand out for me this month.  I tend to have oily eyelids and ALWAYS use an eyelid primer so my make-up lasts more than an hour or so.  The true test to a good eye primer is to accidently fall asleep with my makeup on and wake up the next morning and it still look like I just did it. =] LOVE this primer.  I have several of theBalm products and I have yet to be disappointed.  Highly recommend Put a Lid on it by theBalm.




No comments:

Post a Comment