Sunday, April 3, 2016

Undone: Volume 2 by Callie Harper




Book Description

It’s image rehab, plain and simple. A month of fake romance to convince the press that bad boy rocker Ash Black has fallen for a good girl librarian. It should be easy. It’s anything but. 

Ash
New York City. Vegas. Paris. A whirlwind tour for our whirlwind romance, every step, smile and kiss photographed from every angle. It’s all going according to plan, rehabbing my bad boy rock star image by falling hard for a sweet, wholesome librarian.
There are all kinds of reasons to keep my hands off her. The no-sex clause in our contract. Paparazzi around every corner. She doesn’t trust me because she thinks I’m a player, and she’s right. 
But I’m done playing by the rules. I’m rock star Ash Black and I’ve never been good at doing what other people tell me. I’m done mugging for the cameras. 
I want her alone, all to myself, where the only rules are the ones I dictate. When it’s just us, there’ll be nothing fake about her begging me to let her come. I’m a musician, baby, and believe me, I’m going to savor the sound of her every pant, gasp and moan. 

Ana
It’s just a show, a month-long façade. I need to keep my head in the game, my heart under wraps and my body out of reach of his wickedly talented hands. 
He’s not making it easy for me. Every time I watch him perform, I go weak in the knees. Every time he romances me over a candlelight dinner, I melt. And the few moments he’s caught me alone, he’s started a fire in me unlike anything I’ve ever felt before. It’s roaring, licking, burning me up. 
I’m not good at pretending. And with the heat he’s building in me, I’m not sure how long I’m going to last. One month can feel like forever when you’re so close to exactly what you want but not allowed to touch it. Sooner or later, a girl has to reach out and touch. 

NOTE: Undone is a three-volume hot adult romance. It’s the second story in the Beg for It series about the dominant, alpha males in Ash’s family and the strong, sexy women who make them finally meet their match.


AVAILABLE: March 14, 2016


Undone
Undone: Volume 1 (ORDER HERE) *FREE Review HERE
Undone: Volume 2 (ORDER HERE)
Undone: Volume 3 (ORDER HERE)

I had the best of intentions to have this review AND my review for Volume 3 up early last week... But you know what happens with the best of intentions...

Life decides to show up and give you a swift kick in the ass.

Firstly, the townhouse where we are living sold.  So we have to find a place to live and pack in less then 3 months (A whole stressful journey in and of itself) .  We've had inspections the last two weeks.  One inspection came back with high levels of Radon.  What is Radon you ask...??  I didn't know either, but apparently it is a naturally accruing gas, that at high levels and prolonged exposure, can cause cancer.  YAY!!! =/  So for two days my husband and I were trying to figure out if it was safe for all of us to even stay here.  People told us that a few days won't make a difference, and to just spend most of our time upstairs.  

We will have people in our home ALL day Monday "treating" it.

Secondly, our 8 year old cat, Hera seems to have some sort of kidney/bladder problem.  We woke up to her PEEING anywhere and everywhere BUT her cat litter box.  If you have never had to smell cat pee, consider yourself lucky.  But on top of peeing on anything, there is some serious blood in her urine (which freaked me out)!  So several hundred dollars have been spent at the vets in the last week and a half.  (Her blood results SHOULD be back on Monday).  My poor girl is locked in our spare bathroom so she doesn't ruin our whole place.  

AND on top of all of that, I can't sleep.  For real.  I don't/can't fall asleep until like 3 am.  Doesn't matter how tired I am, lights on/off, t.v. on/off, reading on/off.  It's rather frustrating.  So I've been a walking/talking zombie amongst the chaos.  

Okay, sorry that turned into more than I expected...

Onto the review!!

Undone: Volume 2 starts RIGHT where Volume: 1 ends.  Ash has gotten Ana to agree to a fake month long romance, where at the end she will "break his heart".  And once Ana agrees, there is a whirlwind tour of their "epic" romance. 

As we follow Ash and Ana on their worldwide romance tour, we begin to see that their is more to these characters than meets the eye.  We see the pressures and expectations that are on the shoulders of Ash, and we learn that there is so much more to Ana than just being a librarian.  These two start to open up to each other about life away from the spotlight and what they each want out of their lives.

But what happens when playing pretend no longer feels like a game?  Ash wants Ana all to himself, but he can feel her pulling away as the reality that is his life starts to invade hers.  What started out as an image rehab for rock star Ash Black is beginning to turn into so much more.  

Their time is together is being to run out.  Can Ash show her that their time together doesn't have to end when their time runs out?

Undone: Volume 3 review coming soon!!!

Rating: 4.5 out of 5

**I received an ARC through GossipGirl PR in exchange for a honest review.**

OTHER PLACES TO FIND ME: 
Blog: http://alysenovak.blogspot.com
Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/AlyseNovakBlog
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alyseypoo21
Bloglovin': https://www.bloglovin.com/alyseypoo21
Google+: https://plus.google.com/+AlyseNovak
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/alyseypoo21

No comments:

Post a Comment