Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Craft project!!


So, I saw this fabric wreath on Pinterest and KNEW I wanted to make this for myself, in a Halloween theme.  So, I dragged the  hubby along to JoAnn's to find some fabric to make this DIY wreath.  Here's what I got :

  • 1/2 yard of FOUR different fabrics (or however much you choose) for a total of 2 yards
  • 18" wreath ( we have a large door)
  • pair of fabric scissors 
  • Wood letter to spell BOO
  • Frankenstein green pain


So, I measured out the fabric into about 1 inch X 6 inch stripes and tied them around the wire wreath.  Now, as I got towards the end of crafting my wreath, I noticed I didn't have enough fabric to finish. =/ FAIL on my part.  So, one afternoon my WONDERFUL hubby made a trip BACK to JoAnn's and came home with 2 yards of EACH fabric... so I have some extra. =D

Now, this project was pretty easy to do.  But I'm not going to lie... cutting out and tying those little strips was a pain in the butt. Pulling on the fabric totally gave me two blisters on my middle fingers (one on each hand).  But on the pulse side, this is a craft you can do while watching t.v./movie/NETFLIX (I've watched almost every season of Law and Order: SVU, but not all while I was working on this, it doesn't take that long!)
Supplies I got from JoAnn's Fabric
Wreath with two rows finished
Wreath finished (without letters on)


Now I have a craft to make for Christmas presents with all the extra fabric! =]  The possibilities with this fabric wreath is AWESOME! You can make one for any occasion.  I'm honestly thinking about selling these little gems. =]  I saw online wreath like this sell for $70+ dollars.  I'd probably sell them in the range of $35 to $50, depending on the size and type.

<3  

No comments:

Post a Comment