Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Reckless in Love by Bella Andre and Jennifer Skully





Book Description

Sebastian Montgomery rose from nothing to become one of the most powerful media moguls in the world. Yet beneath the seemingly perfect façade of his life, the past still haunts him. Because when he lost his parents in his teens, he also lost his faith in love. When he discovers Charlie Ballard and her incredible metal sculptures, he is awed, inspired—and he can’t help feeling things he swore never to let himself feel again. Soon, Sebastian wants not only Charlie’s art, he wants her as a woman, too. More than he’s ever wanted anything in his life. And what a Maverick wants, he always gets… 

For Charlie, Sebastian offers the commission of a lifetime. Creating a magnificent sculpture for his new headquarters is a dream come true, but falling for the spellbinding billionaire isn’t part of the plan...until his luscious kisses entice her into total recklessness. He fascinates and captivates her, and as Charlie learns more about the dark depths of Sebastian’s past, all she wants is to heal him with her love. But can a man who has grown up thinking love is toxic ever believe that true love is real?

The Maverick Billionaires Series
Book 1: Breathless In Love
Book 2: Reckless In Love
Book 3: Fearless In Love (coming soon)

AVAILABLE: November 11, 2015

Let me start this review by saying I love Bella Andre's writing.  She is in my list of must-buy authors for me.  And I LOVED Will and Harper's story in Breathless in Love.  But Reckless in Love left me a little disappointed (and I HATE saying that)...

Although Reckless in Love is the second book in the Maverick Billionaires series, it can be read as a standalone since each book is focused on a different Maverick.  That being said, I knew that Sebastian would be the focus of book 2 at the end of book 1 (got me...?)

At the end of Breathless in Love, Sebastian saw a dragon sculpture and asked his art curator to fine the artist that made it.  Reckless in Love starts off when Sebastian finally meets Charlie Ballard, the dragon maker.  Her work calls to him and he is determined to get her work in his new building, but when he finally meets the woman behind the work he is equally drawn to her.  He feels that she NEEDS to be known for her art and makes it his mission to make sure that happens.  Sebastian sweeps Charlie into his glamorous life of the rich and famous, showing off her and talking up her artwork.  

She just seemed to let Sebastian take over her life from where her studio would be, her living arrangements, transportation, career, her mother... EVERYTHING.  For such an independent woman (like she claimed to be), Charlie just let Sebastian do whatever he wanted.  It just rubbed me the wrong way...  Throughout the book Sebastian came off to desperate to me.  His need to "fix" and have everything perfect just rubbed me the wrong way.  

And the "insta-love" between these two just wasn't realistic.  I can't put my finger on exactly why I feel this way... there was just something... missing for me.  

Rating: 3 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment